September 26, 2020

Miscellaneous Observations - Edwards - II - Part I continued

 Required reading

Miscellaneous Observations on Important Theological Subjects in Vol 2 of the Works by Jonathan Edwards (Available from Amazon or free here) - Continue Part I by reading Chapters II and III.

My summary
Today we continue observations from Edwards on various matters.

This week Edwards:
1. Answers the objection concerning the apostles' apprehensions of the second coming of Christ;
2. Teaches us that Jesus prophecies are proof that he was the Christ and a divine person.

What grabbed me
I appreciated the defence of Christ's divinity by pointing to his prophecies, for example: 'That the foretelling of future events, as by his own knowledge, and as events that are to be accomplished by his own power, is spoken of by God as his great prerogative, and as a good and sure evidence of the divinity of the person who can do thus; and God speaks thus, in those very places in which he is foretelling the coming of the Messiah.

Next week's reading
Continue Part I by reading Chapters IV and V.

Now it's your turn
Please post your own notes and thoughts in the comments section below.

No comments: